Sunday, April 24, 2011

Help with Adaptive Technology

I've decided to try and organise purchasing my own adaptive technology for work and studying as I seem to just not be able to make it happen any other way. Since I am in between jobs, I find it really hard explaining to new or prospective employers about the condition and what I need to help me work. I also sometimes feel that some workplaces see it as a hindrance, so if I can have all my equipment and bring it in on day one, it just seems so much easier.


One thing I am really looking forward to getting is a hand held CCTV. I am also super keen to purchase one to help me with studying, as reading my textbooks are like torture and I constantly get a sore neck (which serves as a great excuse to get a massage). I was lucky to have Vision Australia lend me one to try out previously and have picked the Compact Plus mostly because it has a big screen and can magnify up to 10 times. 


Quantum based in Sydney, provides such equipment and the one that I am keen to get my hands on. Not only do they have my CCTV but also ZoomText and other adaptive technology like larger CCTV monitors and equipment that converts text to speech. 


At the moment there are only a few things that I feel I need to help me feel more comfortable at work, yet this website has so many other gadgets and software that would be beneficial in the future for me and would be beneficial to those who are at a later stage of the disease.


Check out their website. They are very helpful!!


Quantum Adaptive Technology

No comments:

Post a Comment